Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thinking positively...

I'm going to try and think more positively about things.  I know I often lose sight of what is important and our world is so full of horrible/negative news that I really don't want to add to it.  Of course I know that not everything is going to run smoothly, but, I also know that life is what you make of it.

Jeff seems to be doing well.  He's always been good at talking and getting to know people.  I'm sure everyone who knows him, know how great he is at talking...if you get my drift...

He's really hoping that he'll get his promotion to Corporal.  He's been making friends with his corporal and talking with the SSG, and trying to get more information.  Today is a deployment briefing, so maybe he'll find out more. 

I'm liking having the freedom to do certain things, since I'm not working, but on the days that the kids are at Melissa's and with Jeff being gone, I get so incredibly bored.   This is one reason why I do want to move (even if Jeff was to deploy).  At least I can do some work maybe with the FRG, tutor, watch other kids.  Of course when we move, the kids won't be at Melissa's a couple days a week, so the little reprieve I have in laundry, etc, won't be there so I know that will keep me busy.

Honestly, it's crazy how I miss just the little things about having Jeff around.  The security, the little hugs...I found it funny that while he was home, the kids still came to me to ask about doing things like staying the night at a friends house, going outside and playing, going somewhere else, playing a certain game, rather than asking Jeff first...I also miss just having someone other than the dog breathe (snore) next to me in bed, and odd as it sounds, Jeff's smell.  Haha.

Troy said something on the way to the airport when we picked Jeff up for his time back home.  He said, "You know one good thing about having a dad in the army, mom?"  I said, "What?"  His answer was, "You learn not to take him for granted."  I starting tearing up driving!  It amazed me how this 10 year old figured this out at that age...something I didn't "get" until I left for college at 18!  This is something that I really am happy about with being a military family...I do believe our kids will have a maturity that most don't get until later in life.

Anyways, I haven't heard from Samantha in a while.  I'm sure she's doing fine over there in Afghanistan...I guess no news is good news?  Jonathan is doing alright at Ft. Lewis also, but he's definitely ready to get home for a bit.

Ok, signing out now...just blabbering.  God's peace to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Ronda, I am really admiring your attitude. I know my daughter Melinda is feeling many of your feelings right now too, as JD is getting ready to deploy to Bahrain this summer. She has struggled with the adjustments as well. It is especially hard on her middle one, Caden, who is five now. Hearing what Troy said brought a tear to my eye too. You and your family are in my prayers.
    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete